Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Aaaah....the life :)


 I wrote this a couple of years ago and it still makes me laugh out loud - since then we have added one more to the brood but other than that not much has changed - hope it gives you a smile today :)


 Believe it or not, I use to be a size two. Shoes were my life, carbs were no match for my metabolism rate, and my biggest fear in life was visible pantylines.
 
Then I got pregnant.
 
And now, three years and three consecutive children later, my day begins at five am with rushing to get the hungry, screaming baby before he wakes his brothers. After twenty minutes of bitterly watching my husband snore while I sit half awake with an infant attached to my breast, I proceed to groggily pat his back, only to have him let out an enormous belch and spew milk down the front of my night shirt. After cursing loudly and handing the now happy, cooing child over to my bewildered husband, I quickly realize my mistake as I hear the toddlers in the next room start bouncing off the walls and laughing. Grudgingly, I open their door after struggling with the duct-taped doorknob cover and watch as they stampede past me and down the hall.
 
After changing my clothes for the first of fifteen times for the day I kiss my husband goodbye and head downstairs to make breakfast. Despite my rough start to the morning I feel ambitious and decide to make pancakes, eggs, sausage. Ten minutes later there is more food on the floor than in their bellies, there is juice covering the front of my second shirt, and I am hearing cries of "I'm still hungry!"
 
Biting my lip to keep from saying something not rated G, I wipe them up and herd them down to watch cartoons. After applying mascara while helping my two-year-old son get his head unstuck from between the pedestal sinks I quickly throw clothes on and put them all in the car. I realize as I look back in the rear view mirror that they are all still in their jammies, but I decide I don't even care and head for the nearest playground before I am driven insane by the Wiggles singing about the potty.
As I am getting out of the car, I look down and see the tell-tale lines where my underpants are and let out a loud gasp as I think to myself, "Thank God I remembered to put on underwear!"

And I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me smile! You have such a gift for writing. Just another thing to add to your gift of talents. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny! You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete